There are many improvement methods and tools that can be used in improvement projects; however, this toolkit brings together a number of evidence based methods and tools that are being successfully used across the Alliance organisations. A number of people working on improvement projects in all our organisations have come together to develop this toolkit to share their experiences or what can work well. It is hoped that individuals and teams who wish to learn more about the basics of continuous improvement and how to get started will find this useful.
It is envisaged that the toolkit will be used in a number of ways:
- As a resource for CLIC improvement workshops – for introduction level practitioners and CLIC facilitators
- To give an overview of the Cumbria Production System
- To support staff in improvement work/projects
- To be made available on the CLIC website (www.theclic.org.uk)
- To share a common language and approach to improvement tools/ approaches
We have a wealth of experience and knowledge across our organisations that we can share and use to help people pick suitable tools and approaches avoiding reinventing the wheel. CLIC is about supporting and facilitating, sharing best practice and a common language for improvement.
The toolkit is divided into two main sections:
- Summary of modules and components which gives an overview of the tools that make up the Cumbria Production System.
- Appendices with detailed information for all tools.