CLIC, our learning and improvement collaborative, is a shared "umbrella" initiative which exists to drive a positive transformation in health and social care across Cumbria by leading and embedding a culture of collaboration for continuous learning, continuous quality improvement, and living within our means.
We have adapted learning from Jönköping, the North East Transformation System, Virginia Mason Medical Centre, the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, the NHS Leadership Academy, and NHS Improving Quality, and pooled knowledge from all our members in Cumbria to devise a joint and common way to talk, think, learn and practice leadership and continuous improvement.
CLIC's first three key priorities relate to:
- Learning together in teams to improve services and save money
- Agreeing and adopting a common improvement methodology, called the Cumbria Production System
- Developing leaders at every level
CLIC brings together everyone working in health and social care in Cumbria, including people who use services, but founding partners include:
- Cumbria Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Cumbria Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Cumbria County Council, in particular Health and Care Services and Children's Services
- North Cumbria University Hospitals NHS Trust
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust
We are all CLIC!