Learning Organisation Collaborative (LOC) Sixth International Festival #LOCintheLakes
15th – 18th June 2021 │ONLINE WITH MICROSOFT TEAMS*
Over the last 12 months, COVID-19 has had an unprecedented impact on every aspect of our lives. We have faced some immense challenges at work, but with the vaccine rollout now happening at pace, we can look forward with optimism to a time when we might see the return of some ‘normality’.
We want to recognise the amazing care, compassion, and sheer dedication our health and care and volunteer staff have always, and continue to show. But we also recognise that caring for others means it is not always easy to care for ourselves.
So now is the time to focus on your wellbeing…
Virtually LOC in the Lakes 2021 will bring you an entire week of online events designed to offer some practical tools and techniques to enhance your wellbeing, as well as support leaders and managers in revitalising their teams.
The Launch – for leaders, managers and health and wellbeing advocates:
- Tuesday 15th June, 09:15am – 12:30pm │ Our launch event will feature inspirational keynote speakers, plus a choice of workshops packed with ideas for reinvigorating both you and your team. Find out more and book…
Workshops for all health and care staff and volunteers:
- Mindfulness Introductory Session with Ian Rigg │ Tuesday 15th June, 2:00pm – 3:30pm │ Join this workshop to find out more about mindfulness and experience some mindfulness practice
- Street Wisdom with Barbara Platt & Tamsin Graham │ Wednesday 16th June, 10:00am – 12:00pm OR Friday 18th June, 12:00pm – 2:00pm │ Go on a guided walking experience - the perfect antidote if you’re feeling stressed, overwhelmed or just a little stuck
- SLEEP! Workshop with Caroline Pett │ Wednesday 16th June, 12:00pm – 1:00pm OR Thursday 17th June, 5:00pm – 6:00pm │ Gain an insight into the importance of sleep and the science behind it, with practical measures to improve both sleep and wellbeing
- Not another time management hack! Shining a light on the mystery of time management with Barbara Platt & Tamsin Graham │ Wednesday 16th June, 1:00pm – 2:30pm OR Friday 18th June, 3:00pm – 4:30pm │ Explore the fundamental skills of time management, which of these you might need to develop, and how you can do that successfully
- Resilience in the time of Covid with Nick Jackson │ Wednesday 16th June, 1:00 – 2:00pm │ Learn how to recognise the signs of stress, and get some practical tips on how to overcome them
- Preventing Pain and Injury in the Workplace with Dr Ross Armstrong │ Thursday 17th June, 10:00am – 11:00am │ Understand the effects of musculoskeletal pain and injury on working practice, and take steps to reduce the risk of pain and injury developing
- Mindful Pilates with Sally Plevin │ Tuesday 15th June, 1:00pm – 2:00pm OR Thursday 17th June 8:00am – 9:00am │ Support and nurture a sense of calm, presence and physical wellbeing with this physical movement class
- How to have an effective wellbeing conversation with Amy Davidson & Karen Kirk │ Thursday 17th June, 12:00pm – 1:30pm OR Friday 18th June, 9:30am – 11:00am │ Explore how to have an effective wellbeing conversation that doesn’t feel like just a tick box exercise – aimed at both those facilitating the process, and the individual having one
- Thinking differently about mental health with Dr Angela Kennedy │ Thursday 17th June, 2:00pm – 3:00pm │ Review traditional approaches to understanding and managing mental health and discover what we could do differently
- Tai Chi with Angela Pollard │ Thursday 17th June, 3:00pm – 4:00pm │ Find your inner peace with the ancient practice of Tai Chi and Chi Gung – suitable for all ages and abilities
- Wiser Mind with Rufus Harrington │ Tuesday 15th June, 3:30pm – 5:00pm │ Worries can paralyse and control us all, so why not join this workshop and learn some practical skills to better control your mind, take conscious control of your life and move forwards
- Culinary Medicine – Confidence in the kitchen. Embrace the adventure with Dr Reeta Karamchandani │ Friday 18th June, 4:00pm – 6:00pm │ Learn as you cook in the comfort of your kitchen, as we look to break some barriers to cooking at home
- You're on mute (and other things we've learnt this year) with Peter Skelhorn & Karen Gooding │ Thursday 17th June, 9:00am – 9:45am │ A workshop looking at what we've learnt over the last 12 months, with hints and tips to help bring some clarity with the new ways of working, brought to you by the Digital Training Team from North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust (NCIC)
Workshops for leaders, managers and health and wellbeing advocates:
- Leadership Support Circle – Focusing on looking out for yourself with Sam Eggleston │ Wednesday 16th June, 10:00am – 11:15am │ Come together, share your experiences, and be heard with this themed session based on the 10 principles for leading compassionately during and after COVID-19
- Lifestyle Medicine – A transformed and sustainable health care system with Dr Reeta Karamchandani │ Tuesday 15th June, 4:00pm – 6:00pm │ Become empowered to stimulate a collaborative culture of health and wellness with this ‘Lifestyle Medicine’ workshop
- Culinary Medicine – Live and eat well for a healthier you with Dr Reeta Karamchandani │ Wednesday 16th June, 4:00pm – 6:00pm │ Be inspired and gain the information and practical skills needed to role model a collaborative culture of cooking more at home and using whole food, plant based ingredients
Let’s care for ourselves so we can care for others – let’s create happier, healthier workplaces.
*Don’t have access to a computer?
Download Microsoft Teams to your mobile FREE via the:
LOC in The Lakes 2021 is jointly sponsored by the Academic Health Science Network North East and North Cumbria (AHSN NENC) and the Cumbria Learning and Improvement Collaborative (CLIC).