The NHS Leadership Academy learning hub provides easy access to learning materials for health and care staff.
Their bitesized learning enables individuals to develop new skills, and discover new ways to improve your experience of work with short guides developed by experts. Some of these focus specifically on inclusivity, increasing awareness and understanding in order to promote difference and foster equality:
- Building inclusion through understanding - Where or how do we start to be truly inclusive as managers? Awareness of your starting point could help
- Awareness of your intent - Nova Reid’s 15-minute talk asks us if we are living in space-age times with stone-age minds. She asks us to do three simple things to create social justice
- Beginning a dialogue that values difference and fosters inclusion
- Making decisions under pressure - A guide for leaders and managers that aims to highlight the factors likely to enhance or impair decision-making under pressure; as well as some specific techniques which can help
- Compassionate leadership in crisis - A guide for leaders and managers that will help teams withstand and thrive in crises
#ProjectM provides a place and space for team leaders and managers to connect, share and learn together. The NHS Leadership Academy has produced an inspiration library, with the aim of helping team leaders thrive through winter and beyond.
Recently Rasheed Ogunlaru, a coach, speaker and author, recently recorded a series of 10 videos covering all kinds of leadership topics, including: influencing others; mindfulness; compassion; and much more. In the final part of the series, Rasheed reminded us of the power of inclusion and each and everyone's role in it:
Returning summer 2022! The NHS Leadership Academy's Stepping Up Programme
Stepping Up is a 5-month leadership development programme for minority ethnic colleagues who work within healthcare (the NHS or an organisation providing NHS care).
The programme is designed to bridge the gap between where applicants are and where they need to be, to progress into more senior roles. Successful applicants will be empowered to drive forward the inclusion agenda and develop their skills and abilities in order to grow and progress.
- Increasing your self-awareness and the leadership strengths your diversity brings
- Range of management principles, gaining comprehensive understanding of leadership and management
- Developing your communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of senior leadership requirements and the opportunity to craft your authentic leadership style and approach
- Developing an understanding of the factors that both block and enable progression and development
- Developing a personal and organisational strategy, and your ability to influence the healthcare system you work in to create greater equality
Follow the NHS Leadership Academy on Twitter for all their latest news, events, and resources.
You might also be interested in this masterclass recording from the NHS North West Leadership Academy...
How to develop a culture that promotes intentional inclusion
Watch back the NHS North West Leadership Academy's Inclusive Leadership Masterclass featuring powerful sessions from: Naheed Nazir Associate Director, Inclusion and Engagement, Northern Care Alliance; Tara Hewitt Group Equality and Inclusion Lead, Northern Care Alliance; and Safina Nadeem EDI Lead CQC: