17 September 2015
This was a follow up event to the enthusiastic and effective workshop held in May 2015, where GPs and Practice Managers came together at NHS Cumbria CCG's Council of Members meeting to discuss General Practice development in Cumbria.
The purpose of this conference was to:
- Update on the work done since May and discuss further development on issues important to GPs and Practice Managers.
- Share Cumbrian solutions to Cumbrian problems to stimulate further developments and ideas on moving forward.
The event was a really important step in taking forward the following key themes:
- Clinical models of care, for the future - working as a practice or in collaboration, that build on the best of General Practice, developing different ways of working to best meet patient needs. This also included clinical workforce and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Greater engagement with patients in the management of their own health.
- Primary Care Communities/integrated ways of working with other community services and teams, social care and the third sector, including social prescribing.
- Improved and direct GP - consultant communication.